Thursday, June 7, 2012

Brittany's Surprise

I am sure it seems as if all my posts recently have revolved around a kiss or a wedding, but hang with me. Chris and KC just announced their engagement, and Brett and I are in week two, of four weekends out of three having weddings.  So my mind is kind of in wedding mode.  And lets face it, who doesn't like a good wedding story?  It is why sitcom TV shows always ended the season with a wedding or a birth.  Especially the older ones.

This wedding story revolves around a bridesmaid.  In an earlier post I stated that Chris and KC had a lot of their wedding planned before the proposal.  They had already chosen who was going to be in the wedding party.  Chris had chosen Will as his best man, and he had told me KC was going to ask Brittany to be a bridesmaid.  Chris had talked with Will, but KC had not had the opportunity to ask Brittany.

A week or so before the proposal Brittany and I were out getting a pedicure and doing some shopping. A fun girls day out.  While getting our pedicures there was a girl getting her hair in an updo for prom.  Brittany said ahhh I want to go to prom again.

Then while we were shopping we saw a couple other girls with their hair ready for prom.  Brittany said, I told Will it isn't fair he gets to dress up for the wedding.  Then she started joking around with comments like, do you think KC would think I was a stalker wanna be bridesmaid?  If I just went along with them to get my hair done, and got a dress the same color as theirs, and maybe the shoes and jewelry?  And I went along to get my nails done.  We were having fun joking around, but the whole time I was cracking up, because I knew KC was going to ask her. It was so fun knowing this thing she wanted was ahead in her future.  And it was all I could do to keep from telling her, but I didn't.

A couple of weeks later they were all coming to our house for lunch along with the Smiths.  KC came in carrying these two really cute girly gift boxes. They were full of nail polish, lip gloss, bath stuff, and Tylenol. She gave one to Angie and one to Brittany.  Brittany had that funny look on her face she gets when she isn't sure what is going on.  Then she pulled out a card that read, will you be a bridesmaid?  Brittany actually squealed with childlike, girlish, joy and delight. I think there might have even been a tear in her eye.  Uncommon for a Sapp girl   It was the perfect reaction. As a Mom, it was so much fun to get to witness such delight in one of my adult kids.

I wonder is that what it is like for God?  When I am talking,and praying, and dreaming about a hearts desire, and He knows it lies just down the road.  Psalm 37:4, Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.  God, when I receive those hearts desires, please don't let me just be grateful.  Let me squeal with childlike, girlish joy and delight.  Cause as a parent I know it must bring a smile to your face.
Thanks for reading



No comments:

Post a Comment