Monday, June 11, 2012

Trip to Arkansas/ Kayla and Evan's Wedding

Brett and I attended our second wedding of the summer this past weekend.  This one in Fayetteville Arkansas.  Congratulations Kayla and Evan Reynolds.  This was an outside wedding, which can be a gamble in June.  But the weather was beautiful just enough of a breeze to make it a perfect evening to be out.  Though the breeze did play havoc on the beautiful full veil.  But the bride had an awesome Dad who did a great job of keeping it under control walking down the aisle.  Way to go Kendal.

It was a beautiful entourage of men in black tuxes and girls in beautiful flowing yellow gowns.  The flowers in mason jars, hanging from ribbons made beautiful isle decorations.  And the two flower girls dressed in white were precious. One stole the show with her attitude.  Not sure if it was an attitude of I am scared and don't want to mess up, or an attitude of I don't really have time in my schedule for this.  But it was a crowd pleaser either way.  There was a good recovery on the grooms part over the vows in the exchange of the rings.

The reception was beautiful, in a converted horse barn complete with horses in the corral outside.  Good food, good company, good band with lots of dancing.  Loved the sparklers as the bride and groom left the reception.  Lokers and Reynolds what a wonderful celebration of the beginning of two lives and families joining as one.

For Brett and I was a great chance to get out of town for the weekend, and a great chance to stop by and see Brett's Dad and Martha on the way back.  Spending seven hours in the car on the drive down Saturday was a great chance to reconnect.  To spend time talking, holding hands, joking and laughing together.  Maybe it is just us but we both become different people when we travel.  As the miles put us further away from responsibilities we both begin to relax.

We talked about that a little on the ride. I actually made the comment "I like this Brett, why can't he come home with me?"  And I know he could honestly make the same comment.  Why is that?  For Brett and I, I know a lot of it is technology.  Because here we are at home both sitting on separate computers, the TV is on with the sound off and we are listening to the Miners game on the radio, with phones beside us both.

Those things that were created to help us stay in touch with others, can actually pull us away from those people who live in the same house with us.  

Matthew 6:21 "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."  This verse is talking about where you invest your money, is where your heart lies, either in the things of heaven or earthly things.  Can't the same be said for my time?  What I spend the majority of my time doing shows where my priorities lie.  Technology itself isn't a bad thing, but if it takes up all my time, and I don't have time for Brett, then it becomes a bad thing. So, what is the answer?  Maybe for Brett and I, it means an hour a night spend with each other no phones, no computers, no TV, no DVR, no facebook. Maybe we designate one night a week as no technology night.  But the important thing is that we find a way to bring those traveling people in off the road.
Thanks for reading.



1 comment:

  1. Aww! This is such a beautiful wedding share. Cocktail party of my colleague was a great get together. One of the fancy convention center was booked. Dinner and decorations were amusing. Pretty artificial flowers and whimsical chandeliers made the interior fantabulous. Also liked the branded drinks served by staff.

    ReplyDelete