Saturday, June 10, 2017

The Ultimate Time Traveler




God is the ultimate time traveler, did you ever think about that?  I have been praying about some heavy stuff.  I have been praying for a miracle of healing for my friend LaDonne.  I was praying she would walk out of SLU on her own accord.  That didn't happen. She has been transferred to Herrin for therapy, which in itself is an answer to prayer.  It just isn't the answer I was praying for.

I have been praying for years for a grandchild.  I am praying for Brittany and Will in their adoption, but that hasn't happened yet either.

Not as important, but I have been praying for our house to sell for nine months.  It is still on the market.

These are things that only God can orchestrate.  Things that really are out of my control.  That can be a hard one for me, out of my control.

Brett and I were talking about this last night.  Many times when Brett and I talk or I ask him a question, I tell him "Do not give me your Pastor answer."  Brett said, "Janet, I think you forget that God lives outside of time. Two days, ten days, two years, ten years, your time frame is different than Gods. God doesn't just see the future, He is in the future. God is already in the future with us laughing and playing with this grandbaby. Ok, so it was a great pastor's answer, and it really got me thinking.

That is comforting to me, that God is already waiting in the future for me.  That he does not just see or know the future he is in the future.  He is not just the I AM, He is also the I WAS, and I WILL BE.

He is already walking in the future with LaDonne.  He already knows if she is using her legs or her arms as they walk along.  He is already in the future with Brittany and Will and this precious baby. He is already at the first day of kindergarten.

I was thinking about all of that this morning as I sat down to read my Bible.  I am reading in Exodus, that fascinating part how the ark, the table, the tabernacle, the lamp stands, and the courtyard should all be constructed.

My flesh said, you are going to find no comfort, or feel good verse here, skip on over to Psalms and Proverbs.  But, I am doing this book study on Sunday mornings with my class called "Women of the Word."  It is about how we read the Bible wrong.  How we go to it looking for answers for ourselves. When we should be reading it to find out who God is.

So, I opened my Bible and stayed in Exodus. I began reading ALL the instructions to Moses, those exact instructions down to the 1/2 foot, the type of wood to use, the colors of fabric, the exact weight in gold for each piece. The more I read, the more God said, I am a God of details.

God has every detail of LaDonne's healing and recovery already planned out.  God has every detail of this adoption and baby already planned out.  God has every detail of the sale of our house already planned out.  He said to my heart, "be patient my daughter, and trust me."

Today I am glad my God is a God who transcends time, that he is already waiting in the future for me. I am thankful my God is a God of details.  I don't have to worry or stress about the future he has already taken care of every detail.

Exodus 26:1-2 "Make the tabernacle from ten curtains of finely woven linen.  Decorate the curtain with blue, purple, and scarlet thread and with skillfully embroidered cherubim.  These ten curtains must all be exactly the same size 42 feet long and 6 feet wide."

  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment