Saturday, May 7, 2016

Little children and old people speak honest truth.

The beginning of this year we had to put my grandmother in a nursing home.  I try to make it up once a week to see her.  I usually try to go during the lunch hour because she sits at a table with 3 other lovely ladies, and I get the chance to visit with all of them.  I enjoy getting to listen to these ladies.

There is another little lady who sits at the table behind my grandmothers table, her name is Rosie and she is a character.  She gets a little loud sometimes, and rambunctious, and the other residents will say, "Rosie be still", or "Rosie stop that", When they do she spits at them. I can't help but crack up.  I love that she still has spirit in her.   She always blows me kisses so I have started making it a point to speak to her.

Friday when I went up Rosie wasn't at the table behind my grandmother she was across the room.  On my way out I went over and asked her how her day was going and talked to her for just a minute.  She always wants to pat you or hold your hand.  While I was talking to her, out of the blue she just said, "you have little boobies".  I said "you know what Rosie you are right I do".  One of the CNA's said "Rosie Oh my gosh you can not say things like that."  I replied, "you know what as long as she doesn't say something is big on me I really don't mind."

Have you ever noticed that small children and old people are completely honest.  They just state what they see, you have crinkles around your eyes, your belly is big, your breathe smells, your boobies are little. We don't get offended because how could we, usually what they say is correct.

What if we could be as honest with our peers.  Maybe not in such an abrasive, honest way but at least be honest with each other in a kind way.  If we kindly pointed out little things to each other would we work on them, try to improve the problem if possible?  Instead we don't speak up, because if I did, then you might also point out the splinter in my eye.

Ephesians 4:25 says "Therefore, having put away falsehood, let each one of you speak the truth with his (or her) neighbor, for we are members one of another."

I think that first part of the verse hits a nerve.  Put away falsehood.  If I were a little more honest in my life, then maybe I could be a little more honest with you.

Young children and old people, I love their honest conversations!!
      

No comments:

Post a Comment