Wednesday, May 4, 2016

When Sparrows Fall





I heard a story this week about someone who died in a tragic accident.  That alone is heartbreaking.  A life tragically lost, unexpectedly, unexplainable, and senselessly.  But, the bigger heart break, the last I heard, they had been unable to locate any family members.  No one who even knew this life was gone. No one wondering why they had not heard from this individual. No one who even missed this person.

Loneliness - Sadness because one has no friends or company.  Being without company.  Solitary.

I am sure at times we have all felt like we were in a place of loneliness.  A place of isolation.  I know I have felt that way.  But for me it is just a place in my mind.  I am not alone.  If I were missing there would be people looking for me.  If something unexpectedly happen to me there would be people to quickly trace me to.

How sad to feel you have no one.  No one to turn to in times of trouble.  No one to rejoice with in times of celebration.  I am sure we come in contact with people each day who are in that situation and we don't even know it.  Individuals who are totally alone and have no family or friends.

I need to step out of my "protected" life and become aware of people around me who are alone.  Family doesn't have to be a blood relative.  I have friends who feel like family to me.  I need to be watching for people who cross my path who truly have no one.  As people who love Jesus he calls us to love others.

There is one thing I know.  There may have been no family to contact for this person, but God knew that life was lost that day. That person didn't fall without God knowing.  Even when we have no one, we are never alone.

Matthew 10:29 "What is the price of two sparrows - one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it."

If our Father knows when a sparrow falls to the ground, He certainly knows when one of His children fall.  

No comments:

Post a Comment